Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Brown Butter Angel Hair Pasta



Note: In light of the recent tragedies in Japan, I am thinking of putting together a virtual bake sale with the proceeds going to disaster relief. If this is something you would be interested in participating in, please send me an e-mail (madisonjanemayberry@gmail.com) so I can gauge interest. 

Daylight savings time and a hectic week are really cramping my photo schedule. So instead of bathing my recipes in morning light, I'm photographing my recipe under artificial light in my pajamas at 5:45 in the morning. It's a glamorous life, indeed.

But if you can manage to look past the bad lighting, this recipe is a true gem. Ever since reader Colleen said her favorite comfort food was spaghetti with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, I had the idea for this pasta on my mind. Pasta, dressed with a delicate, savory browned butter sauce. Peppered with notes of sage and salty Parmesan cheese.

Health food? No. A divine indulgence? You better believe it.

Brown Butter Angel Hair Pasta
Be careful not to over brown the butter. A couple more minutes after the butter is melted should be enough to give you the flavor and color you're looking for. 

Ingredients 
*2 oz (1 serving) angel hair pasta
*3 Tbsp. salted butter
*Kosher salt
*1/8 tsp. rubbed sage
*Grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions
*Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
*In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Once melted, continue to cook, swirling frequently, until butter begins to brown and turns a light amber color, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in salt to taste, the sage and 1/2 tsp. Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
*Pour butter sauce over pasta and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and kosher salt, if desired.

Happy cooking!

Madison

7 comments:

Helena said...

I love your bake-sale idea! Do you know how you want to do it yet?

Madison Mayberry said...

Thanks, Helena! I have seen it done a few times before. Participants would send me a photo of the recipe they were planning on making for the bake sale, along with details about the recipe.

Then, I would gather all the photos/details of the items donated and put them up in a post, along with a price. Once I got an e-mail from someone who wanted to pay, I would make note that the item was no longer available.

Thinking that keeping it open for a day would be about right on timing.

Colleen @ Miss Petite Sweets said...

Hey Madison, I'm so glad my favorite food could inspire you! Your recipe sounds great, and I will definitely try it soon. Thanks for the link!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet said...

What a delicious and simple meal! I need to get on the brown butter bandwagon:-)

Anonymous said...

Brown butter = love! + pasta = double love :)

I am interested in the bake sale, I will email you shortly :)

Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes said...

Wow this looks fantastic - perfect for a cold day like today. Thank you so much for the recipe!!

DessertForTwo said...

This looks delicious! Love browned butter + sage. Thanks for sharing :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...