Thursday, March 31, 2011

ABC's of Me


A. Age: 23

B. Bed Size: Queen bed that my mom bought me when I graduated from college. It is so darn comfy!

C. Chore You Dislike: Putting away clean clothes. I don't mind washing and folding, just putting away.

D. Dogs: Nutmeg, age 4 

E. Essential Start to Your Day: Putting my contacts in and starting the day with a cup of coffee

F. Favorite Color: Light blue

G. Gold or Silver: I'm a silver girl for the most part, especially since my engagement ring is platinum.

H. Height: 5'10 I've been the same height since freshman year of high school

I. Instruments You Played: Piano from age 6 to 17, violin for a couple years, and trumpet from 5th grade until high school graduation

J. Job Title: Creative Services Food Editor for Meredith Integrated Marketing

K. Kids: Not for quite a while!

L. Live: Des Moines, Iowa

M. Mom's Name: Marilyn

N. Nicknames: Most people just call me Madison, but some call me Madi

O. Overnight Hospital Stays: Nope!

P. Pet Peeves: Double negatives, bad manners, people who are unaware of current events, slow walkers (especially at the mall!)

Q. Quote From a Movie: "Tiffany's, I'm just crazy about Tiffany's. If I could find a real life place that made me feel like Tiffany's, well then, I would buy some furniture and give the cat a name!" - Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast and Tiffany's (not sure why, but I just love it)

R. Righty or Lefty: Lefty and proud of it!

S. Siblings: Two younger sisters, Ashley and Taylor, and my soon-to-be siblings Amber, Jake and Jason

T. Time You Wake Up: Between 5 and 5:30 am

U. Underwear: ? Yes, I wear them.

V. Vegetables You Don't Like: Kale and Swiss Chard

W. What Makes You Run Late: Having a tough time picking out an outfit, trying to photograph a recipe for the blog before work, watching too much Today Show

X. X-Rays You've Had: I've had x-rays on my neck a few times because I lack the curve that most people have in their neck.

Y. Yummy Food You Make: All on this blog!

Z. Zoo Animal Favorites: It's been so long since I've been to the zoo, but I have always loved the tigers and lions at the zoo.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean "D. Dogs: Not yet!"??
Didn't you just get one? Nutmeg?????

Madison Mayberry said...

Ooops! I actually put this post together last week with the intention of posting it then (before Nutmeg got here) and then got busy posting other things.

I've updated it! :)

Jess said...

i love this! i did my own abcs last month:)

Michelle said...

I listed slow walkers as my pet peeve too. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one, haha.

Anonymous said...

I love the ABC's posts. It is nice to know more about you :)

Megan said...

Fun! I did this on my blog awhile back. Fun facts :)

grace said...

slow walkers--grr! i share your frustration. :)

Anonymous said...

Didn't you say you'd gained weight in college and then lost it after graduation?

Madison Mayberry said...

Anonymous -

Good catch! I wasn't trying to leave anything out or be dishonest in any way. I guess I should have included a clause for about a year and a half span of time where I gained weight, as I talked about a few weeks ago. I've since adjusted the post. I think I got so used to saying that when I was younger that I slipped up. I have, however, stayed the same height. :)

Thanks for the good catch!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your share! very impressive!

online pharmacy

AMH said...

What do you mean you don't like kale or swiss chard?! (two of my favorites) I have a recipe for you to try and if you still don't like kale after this, then I'll give up... Kale Chips: wash and tear up fresh kale into large pieces. Dry and lay it out on a baking sheet. Drizzle and lightly cover with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake at 375 degrees in the oven for 12-18 minutes, or until lightly crispy but still green and not burnt. PERFECT substitute for potato chip munchies. Let me know what you think! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...