Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Everyday Broccoli


Alright, I'll admit it. I don't eat broccoli every single day, but I'd be hard-pressed to think of a week in the past year that I didn't eat broccoli at least once. Call me crazy, but aside from fresh green beans, broccoli is my absolute favorite veggie.

So much so that I ate the entire four cups of Everyday Broccoli for dinner last night.

And if you are reading this thinking about how much you dislike broccoli, I will make you a bet that if you try broccoli my way, you'll change your mind.

Give it a try. I dare you.

Everyday Broccoli

*4 cups broccoli florets
*1 tablespoon olive oil
*Kosher salt
*1/4 cup grated Parmesean cheese
*Cracked black pepper

Instructions
*Preheat oven to 425°F. Place broccoli on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Toss slightly to coat. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
*Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking. During the last two minutes of cooking, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Transfer to a bowl and serve warm.

Happy Cooking!


Madison

11 comments:

Debbie B. said...

I love broccoli too! I'm one of those weird people that like veggies raw too!

Megan said...

I love broccoli too, but I've only ever eaten it steamed. (and raw, but I dislike) I've read countless times to try roasting both broccoli and cauliflower...is it really that different than steaming?

Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess said...

It's so funny -- I love broccoli, and it was the only vegetable I was excited to eat as a kid. But like Megan, I've never baked/roasted it! Only boiled, steamed, and occasionally sauteed. Gotta try this one of these days...

Lauren at Keep It Sweet said...

LOL - I can eat a lot of broccoli at once also!

Anonymous said...

ummm...ok, fine, its a different way to prepare broccoli...but please start posting real recipes again!

Madison Mayberry said...

Megan - It really is so different that steaming. Almost like another kind of vegetable. The broccoli gets crispy on the edges and has this awesome, rich roasted flavor. So yummy!

Anonymous - I'm glad you love my 'real' recipes, but I like to think that simple, easy recipes are every bit as real as anything with a long method or ingredient list. Great food doesn't have to be complicated! :)

Rachel Cannon Humiston said...

I love this idea! I too love broccoli - heck I even eat it raw with a little hummus! But the husband is not a fan...I will need to try it this way to bring him over to the dark side :)

Missy said...

We LOVE your broccoli! My kids ask for seconds of broccoli over the main dish! Thanks for your simple but delicious recipes!

Karla said...

I agree that green beans and broccoli are among the best veggies! This sounds delicious. You always have such smart, tasty ideas! :)

Carissa said...

Lately I have fallen in LOVE with broccoli! I steam it in the microwave and eat it almost every night! I love you blog btw :)

Amy said...

I usually stay away from raw broccoli because it upsets my stomach, but this method of cooking (and sprinkling with salt and Parmesean) is nothing but amazingness. Just ate the 4 cups of broccoli for dinner. Thanks Madison!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...