Thursday, August 26, 2010

Video Tutorial: Marzipan Flowers





Today Espresso and Cream is getting a tech-savy update with the addition of my first video tutorial on how to make marzipan flowers, like the ones pictured on these cupcakes.

I've been planning on doing a series of videos for the site as long as I've been blogging. Planning being the key word. Despite my good intentions, for some reason I've avoided filming any tutorials every time I've considered doing so. I'll blame it on bad hair days. But from now on, heck with bad hair days. The videos will continue to roll out. Bear with me as I learn more about how this whole make-your-own-video stuff works.

Do any of you have suggestions on what you would like to see made in to a video tutorial? If you do, send 'em my way!

Basic Marzipan
(Printable Recipe)

Ingredients
*7 oz. almond paste
*1/2 to 3/4 cup powdered sugar
*1 Tbsp. corn syrup (some readers have said they have found the mixture too sticky. Depending on the type of almond paste you use, the corn syrup might not be necessary. Start without it, then add it in if necessary)
Food coloring (if desired)

Instructions
*In a large bowl, knead all the ingredients together until well combined. Form into desired shapes.
*To store, keep in a zip top bag until ready to use.

Happy Baking!

Madison

3 comments:

rachbarnes said...

The video was great, keep them coming!

Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess said...

Such a cute video... you're very good on-screen. Have you found your new calling? The next Food Network star, perhaps? ;-)

Unknown said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it so far! This video is great! Thanks for sharing! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...