Sunday, August 8, 2010

Coconut Lace Cookies


Another Monday, another weekend come and gone, and while I've never really been the type of person who loathes Mondays, I do loathe the end of the weekend for the sole fact that it means J. and I have to part yet again. As I write this on Sunday night he's back in the car on his way home to Illinois. I, on the other hand, am cuddled up on my bed watching Netflix on my computer and taking comfort in the fact that I've sent a dozen of these cookies along with him for the week ahead, if they last that long.

Saturday afternoon between a morning run and a trip to the mall I decided cookies were in order. Instead of running out to the store to buy supplies, I decided to let my pantry lead. This, my friends, is where my pantry led. Coconut, oatmeal, peanut butter, white chocolate chips. Maybe I should let my pantry lead more often. These cookies are one serious bite of yum.

Oh, and on the coconut note, if anyone has a killer recipe for coconut cream pie or coconut cake, passing them my way would really make my week and earn you my eternal gratitude. Either e-mail me at madisonjanemayberry@gmail.com or post below. After eating these coconut cookies, I've realized I need a little more coconut in my life.

Update: J. just texted me. He said they are pretty darn delicious. And that all of you should consider making them. Okay, so maybe I added in the last part. But my favorite taste tester gave them a thumbs up if that means anything at all.


Coconut Lace Cookies
(Printable Recipe)

Ingredients
*1 cup butter, softened
*1/4 cup creamy peanut butter 
*1 cup sugar
*1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
*2 large eggs
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*2 cups all-purpose flour
*1/2 tsp. baking powder
*1 tsp. ground cinnamon
*1 tsp. baking soda
*1/4 tsp. salt
*1 cup regular oats
*1 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
*1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Instructions
*Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or grease lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. 
*Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add in peanut butter, followed by sugar and brown sugar and beat until well combined and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time, until just combined. Beat in vanilla.
*In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add into butter mixture in two additions, beating until just combined. Beat in the oats, coconut, and white chocolate chips.
*Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until edges are golden and centers are still slightly soft. Remove and cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets. Cool completely on wire racks. Sprinkle with additional coconut, if desired.

Happy Baking!

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...