Sunday, April 29, 2012

Spiced Roasted Chickpeas


Hey, all! I hope you all had a happy weekend. Joe and I spent our time up in Minneapolis partaking in bachelor and bachelorette festivities for Joe's brother, Jason, and his fiancé, Ali. And I solidified my title as worst blogger ever by taking zero pictures of our weekend. Thankfully, someone had the good sense to take a picture this morning at brunch with Ali's family, or I would have nothing to show you.


Ali has amazing friends. Even though Amber and I felt like the old married women among a group of 21-year-old college girls, a great time was had by all. Special shout-out to Ali's friend, Kaitlyn, who is about as fun as it gets and is a faithful reader of Espresso and Cream.


Before I left for the weekend, I made a batch of roasted chickpeas to snack on when I want something slightly crunchy and salty. Since chickpeas are packed with protein and low in carbohydrates, they make a great alternative to chips or crackers. The protein also helps to keep you full, which is great for portion control. Now that I've seen how easy roasted chickpeas are to make, I think preparing a batch each weekend in preparation for the week ahead is going to become a habit.

And now, because I'm sleep deprived and completely off my writing game, I'm going to leave you with another picture and this killer recipe...


Spiced Roasted Chickpeas
Makes 2 to 3 servings

Ingredients
*1 (14.5-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
*1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
*1/2 teaspoon Spanish paprika
*1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
*3/4 teaspoon ground coriander

Instructions
*Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside
*In a small bowl, combine all of the above ingredients. Toss to coat evenly. Spread chickpeas in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chickpeas are toasted and crispy on the outside. Cool slightly before serving.

Happy Cooking!
Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...