Monday, March 15, 2010

Amaretto Chocolate Truffles


Ahhh if only every weekend could be a four-day weekend. Needless to say, a trip to the mountains of Winter Park was much needed. While I did manage to escape from reality for a few days, the flight back gave me ample time to think about what I wanted to share with you all. When I got home I set down my suitcase, made a list, and headed to the grocery store for supplies. Then I got back to work in the kitchen with my camera. Vacations are great, but it feels good to be home.

After last week's Triple Chocolate Tart post, I realized that I have posted only a small handful of chocolate recipes. It's not that I don't like chocolate, it's just that I don't ever really crave it. But when I do have chocolate, it has to be good. I hate to quote Martha Stewart too many times, but sometimes it's just necessary. These truffles are a very good thing.

Amaretto Chocolate Truffles
Ingredients:
*10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
*3/4 cup heavy cream
*2 Tbsp. Amaretto liquor
*1/4 tsp. kosher (coarse) salt
*Chocolate sprinkles, coconut, chocolate shavings, or other coating of choice

Instructions:
*Chop chocolate into coarse pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
*Heat cream, stirring frequently, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until cream begins to steam slightly and a few bubbles appear at surface. Remove from heat and pour over chopped chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted completely and smooth. Add in Amaretto and salt. Stir until well combined.
*Pour melted chocolate mixture into 9x13 pan, spreading into a thin, even layer. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
*Remove from refrigerator. Scoop out heaping teaspoons of the chocolate mixture and form into balls. Roll the balls in chocolate sprinkles until evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


Happy baking!

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...