Tuesday, December 8, 2009


For the past couple days I've had my previous post on what I'm thankful for on my mind. Maybe it's residual feelings from Thanksgiving, the anticipation of Christmas, or a bit of both. Truth is, Christmas always makes me all nostalgic - especially nights like tonight when welcoming in the first big blizzard of winter.

To be able to sit in a warm house, wrapped in a blanket, drinking Reindeer Blend coffee while thinking and writing about food - not out of necessity but for enjoyment - is a luxury I take for granted every day.

So today I visited the World Vision web site and browsed their online donations page. World Vision, a non-profit aid organization, allows people to make donations, as well as purchase specific items, such as chickens, seeds, and vaccinations for those in need. Since Espresso and Cream is all about food, I made a general hunger relief donation. I've heard from many of you who read the blog, and would love to encourage any and all of you to make a donation as well. You can give as little or as much as you would like to, and even a dollar can make a difference in someone's life.

Disclaimer: I promise, I am not getting paid by World Vision to say any of this! :) As someone who loves food, knowing even a few more children will have something to eat this year because of the readers of Espresso and Cream would be amazing. If you do feel moved to donate, I'd love to hear from you!

Madison

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

World Vision is such a great great organization! all should donate :)

Marilyn said...

Thanks for prompting us to approach this holiday season with a grateful heart. I was just on the World Vision website and will donate to the "Seeds, Tools, and Training Fund".

I remember the year when at Christmas the only gifts we gave to anyone were from the World Vision gift catalog (i.e. 2 chickens, 1 goat, medicines). Such a gratifying way to celebrate the season.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...