Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Peanut Butter, Pear, and Honey Stacker

Quite often, I sit down at the end of a busy day and think about what I fixed for myself, only to feel dismayed thinking about food I find to be rather uninspiring. I'm not a chips, fast food, and junk food type of girl, but on busy days I sometimes rely rather heavily on coffee, yogurt, and Lara bars, finished off with a big plate of veggies at the end of the day to balance everything out.

A couple weeks back I was putting together this little sandwich and one of the girls in my sorority asked me, "Why don't you ever eat normal food?" I was rather confused by her question. "What in the world are you talking about? The foods I eat are normal!" I wanted to say, but instead I simply shrugged and settled for a, "Looks normal to me."


This sandwich really isn't much of a recipe, but it sure does hit the spot for lunch or a light dinner. I've never been much of a peanut butter and banana sandwich girl, but switch the bananas out of pears and add a drizzle of honey and I'm there. Depending on how firm your pears are, it may help to saute them in a tiny bit of butter with a touch of cinnamon just to soften them up, about 3 to 4 minutes. Layer the pears on a couple slices of bread coated with peanut butter and top it off with a drizzle of honey. Pure perfection.

Happy cooking!

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...